Sunday, May 1, 2011

Looking back on London

As I look back on mine and my classmates' time in London, I can't help but think about how absolutely phenomenal our experience was. Our classes were wonderful. Our teachers augmented their usual syllabi in order to complement our time in London and were enthusiastic to get to know us through out of class activities and day trips. Each of our teachers was truly excellent and I personally felt that they cared about me holistically, not just about my grades or my homework.

As my internship, which was in Parliament in the office of Sarah Teather MP, wound down I took a  weekend trip with a few of my fellow GlSers. I went to Brussels, Belgium with Nicholas Love, Daniel Whitaker, Astrid Emkes, and Hannah Alexander. We had an amazing time. We ate so much and enjoyed the wonderful Belgian chocolate. It was really a wonderful trip to take at the end of a semester in Europe. Perfect weather and you can't beat the location!

My final trip of the semester was with one of my roommates Nicholas Love. We went to Paris together and had a truly perfect weekend. The weather we had a was amazing. You can't beat the French when it comes to aesthetics and fine cuisine, and we enjoyed both immensely. This was definitely one of my favorite trips.

London was truly amazing. I can't believe it is already over and that I am now back in the States looking back. The friendships that I and the rest of the GLS Class of 2013 forged while we were abroad are some of the best we have made in college. This trip served not only as a chance to learn about other cultures and have a bona fide addition to our resumes, but as a chance to really get to know the people that are a part of the community that is the Class of 2013 and Global Leadership Scholars.

No comments:

Post a Comment