Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nicholas Love

The third week of our internships is already coming to an end! This experience is actually going by really fast, even though I am working 40 hours a week. Many of us are (hopefully) starting to get settled in to our placements. I am interning at EDM Media and they are a direct marketing company that does a lot of work for non-profit organizations and charities. I did not pour one cup of tea my entire first day at work! I was shocked when my colleagues made it for me. My co-workers have about 7 cups of tea everyday and I think I am slowly starting to become addicted to Earl Grey. I am glad to report that work has been very challenging for me and that I have learned quite a bit thus far. Dr. Mee would be very proud; I am doing statistical analysis everyday at work. I am so thankful that we took statistics this semester, I feel like I am filling in for a guy with a PhD in stats! I have been able to implement many things that I learned in statistics and in BA 207.

Because of our busy work schedules, many of us are not traveling abroad as much as we were. We have been using our weekends to truly appreciate and enjoy the great city of London. Thankfully, spring time has finally struck London and the long awaited blue skies and sunny days have arrived! Last weekend everyone explored the many parks found around the city. A group of us went to Regent’s Park for a day full of activities in the sun. We brought a football, a soccer ball, a frisbee, a hammock, and books for a whole day in the park. The weather has been glorious the past few days it reminds us all of home. My roommates and I have been visiting new parts of London and trying different ethnic foods, such as Indian, Persian, and even Lebanese. Audrey Webster and I went and saw Swan Lake this past Monday at the Royal Opera House and it was my first actual ballet. I am not going to lie, I was pretty lost in the story. So, naturally, I went home and googled it and now it makes complete sense. I just thought that Prince Siegfried was weird for falling in love with a bird, but now I get it. I feel so cultured now!

No comments:

Post a Comment